Saturday, January 21, 2006

Ted Kennedy A Member of Club That Bans Women

Kennedy is a current member of the Harvard alumni social club, The Owl Club, that bans women from membership. From Jules Crittenden at MetroSpy Kennedy says he's not a member, but then says he's going to quit the club as soon as he can (lol).

In an interview with WHDH Channel 7’s Andy Hiller that aired last night, Kennedy said, “I joined when I . . . 52 years ago, I was a member of the Owl Club, which was basically a fraternal organization.” Asked by Hiller whether he is still a member, Kennedy said, “I’m not a member; I continue to pay about $100.” He then said of being a member in a club that discriminates against women, “I shouldn’t be and I’m going to get out of it as fast as I can.”

Mr. Kennedy, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Check out: The Utter Degradation of DC Culture, The Distinquished Gentleman From Massachusetts, Back To Kennedy, Alito Confirmation Hearings