Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Weird Habits

I got tagged by Collecting My Thoughts to list 5 of my weird habits and I left out one of my weirdest! I thought I'd add it cause it's really weird. I have a thing about cemeteries. It started when I started getting interested in genealogy. I would go to cemeteries to find tombstones. Then I started taking pictures of tombstones.

Thanks to digital cameras, I have probably, thousands of tombstone pictures and actually spend time uploading them to genealogy websites. I don't know or have any connection with 99% of the tombstone pictures I have. Sometimes during lunch or just when I want to be alone, I will drive to a cemetery and just walk around it. My husband calls me Thanoptais (The Goddess of Death). When I wonder out loud why I go to cemeteries to chill out, he says, 'Well, there's not a lot of action going on in a cemetery and no one is going to bother you there.' Maybe that's it.