Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I got tagged

New Year Tag Norma at Collecting My Thoughts tagged me. I didn't know what that meant and had to go over to her blog to figure it out. So .... this is my first tag! The rules are: Rules: “The first player of this game starts with the topic “five weird habits of yourself,” and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don’t forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says “You are tagged” (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours.” Five Weird Habits I Have 1. Blogging! I don't have time to blog. I am not doing other things I need to be doing and blogging instead. I wasn't gonna blog, but my sister said, 'Start a blog.' and I did and now I can't stop. I'll do like I've done with every other obsession I've had in my life. I'll be obsessive about it, figure out all I can about how to do it, how to do templates, how to make it work, etc. And then I'll get tired of it and it'll become a chore (note: all the websites I've started, genealogy research, restoring old photos - and those are just a few hobbies I've had in the last couple of years.) 2. I write with a certain type of pen. I can have 50 pens sitting in front of me and I'll spend time looking for the right pen to write with. It has to have a certain feel, flow and have a fine tip. I like the gel pens that have to dry when you write with them. I do the same thing with other items. There are certain glasses I drink out of at home, certain spoons/forks I eat with. 3. I get into what my husband calls my 'refugee clothes' as soon as I get home, no matter what time of the day it is. I do not stay in my work clothes and I look like a refugee with old baggy sweats or scrubs or mixtures of the two. 4. I spend a lot of time during the day thinking about what I'm going to do when I get home. For instance, re-wallpaper the bathroom, scrub the floor in the basement, straighten out the garage, clean out my closet, etc. By the time I get home I rarely have the energy to actually do what I've been planning all day. But I'm always planning. 5. My sister-in-law reminds me that I have a problem with throwing out clothing. I am really working on getting better at this. But I have a terrible time throwing out clothes or shoes. My closet is horrible, but I always feel a little guilty to throw out something I don't wear anymore, like I'm being wasteful. So it stays in my closet, or boxed up somewhere. I put on a coat a few years ago that I hadn't worn in a while and I really liked it. A beautiful leather jacket. It was stuck back in the back of my closet and I pulled it out to wear one night. My son looked at me and said, 'Mama, you look so 80s'. I took it off and looked at it again. It had big shoulder pads and was snug around the waist - definitly 80s. I couldn't believe I didn't notice that - I just remembered I liked the coat - I got rid of it after that. Okay - I've unmasked my facade of perfection here! (g) Now that I'm thinking about it, I can think of a LOT of other weird habits! Thanks a lot Collecting My Thoughts! but you said just 5. So now I'm supposed to tag 5 people..... so...... Cozy Reader The Median Sib Ruthlace The Second Twin Empress Baggie