Friday, April 11, 2008

Digital Photography Forum

I love photography. Unfortunately, I'm terrible at it. I have no idea why I'm so bad. I take tons of photos and they never turn out quite right. I try. I've actually studied it on the internet and still I just can't quite get it. I admire people who can. Some people just seem to have a natural talent when it comes to capturing what they are seeing through the lens of a camera.

I found a pretty awesome forum today that is all about digital photography. Its called “No BS Photo Success.” I'm thinking that I may join even though I don't take good pictures. I enjoy seeing good photos and maybe I'll learn something. I would like to learn more about some of the more professional techniques, like lighting and coloring.

The site has a Digital Photography Forum and I read through some of the posts to see if they are user friendly for beginners like me or if they were too technical. I was glad to see that they cover all skill levels.

The site has an “Inner Circle Forum” which is probably for the more serious photographers. I’d like to work my way up to the more professional level and the best thing about forums is that you can ask a question to get help and there will be several people answering to help you out in a friendly way. So now I have a place to go to ask questions and learn more about the advanced techniques. Okay, I need to ask about basic techniques, but I can do that too there.

The site has some tutorials and videos, plus the Photography Forum, so I will be spending some time there and seeing if I can learn something. Hopefully I'll see some improvement in my ability to capture what I am seeing through the lens. If you like to take photos and go visit this site, let me know what you think by posting a comment for me, and if you are posting your photos I would love to come see them if you give me the link.

I hope I'll see you there!