Thursday, March 27, 2008

Make Sure your Identity is Secure

I was surfing around the internet and ran across the website for lifelock. I have read a good bit about that company before. Apparently, they have been a successful upstart internet company that is very good at protecting the online identity of their customers. When I opened up their website, the first thing I saw was a picture of the CEO, Todd Davis, and his Social Security number. The SSN was HUGE and immediately below it is a statement that it is, indeed, his real Social Security Number. I would be tempted not to believe that had I not read about the company before on some very reputable websites. Since I've read that this is a reliable company I was definitely impressed when I saw that number sitting there at the top of the page. You can read more about them at lifelockblog.

What LifeLock does is protect your good name. They protect your online identity. We've all heard the horror stories of people who have had their credit card or social security numbers stolen. Its horrible. LifeLock helps you have more control over where, when, how and by whom that information is used. That take care of the nitty-gritty details to make sure that your rights to your own identity are protected. Those technical details are what keeps me from doing a lot of things for myself. Its time consuming and I just don't have the technical know-how to do it. They only charge $10 a month and back up their work with a $1,000,000 service guarantee. So why get a headache trying to re-invent the wheel when there are already well respected experts out there that charge so little to do it for you?

I don't want to write that I've never had an identity thief problem because I don't want to jinx it. I have known people who have and I know enough to know that I don't want to have to deal with that. I think checking in with LifeLock is definitely a good idea. Even better, right now they are offering a lifelock promotion code so you can get the service at a very reasonable price.